Computer Scientists &/or Engineers, Two (2) Posts
We are looking for professional developers & systems engineers highly skilled in engineering and related technologies. We believe solutions to challenges will evolve from the application of technology appropriately adopted within context, and we’re looking for two (2) candidates with backgrounds in roboticists, UX/UI designers, hardware and software engineers, computer scientists, mathematicians and related applied scientists to help us explore these solutions, develop breakthrough technologies, explore our current solutions stack, and build new products that could help solve key challenges we’ve identified for our current project iteration cycle (year 2018).
Autonomous Systems Research Limited [ASR] is a Kenyan start-up multidisciplinary research team specializing in engineering research and its use in tackling conservation, humanitarian and other challenges. Our vision and mission are to solve social problems using technology appropriately adopted within context to match the challenge.
- Apply engineering knowledge to real-world problems.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems.
- Develop systems using languages including Java, C, C++, Postgres, SQL, Linux/Unix, Mavlink
- Create and support a productive and innovative team.
- Work with a small team to design, develop and test robust technical systems capabilities.
- Assist with the overall design, development, fault analysis, test and integration of a customer-facing product.
- Diploma or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering with a high proficiency in programming, data mining and machine learning/artificial intelligence.
- Demonstrated experience in software and systems engineering an added advantage.
- Experience with linear coding and use language features when necessary (e.g., data structures, branching, function-calls, and conditionals).
- Experience in electronics and aerospace engineering an added advantage.
- UAS development and operation skills highly desirable.
Interested candidates should fill in the form below. Do NOT send any emails to us with resumes or attempt to send solicitations for positions in any other way. Such correspondences will be nullified. All positions solicited for will be awarded on merit.
At ASR, we encourage creativity and innovation, and are driven by passion. ASR is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Employees and interns MUST be East African Citizens or authorized international students or holders of valid work permits in Kenya. ASR reserves the right to accept or decline resumes without prejudice.
ASR does NOT accept work agency resumes. Do NOT forward resumes to us. ASR is NOT responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.