Join us for a unique 15-week internship that offers personal and professional development in engineering and related technologies. We believe solutions to challenges will evolve from the application of technology appropriately adopted within context, and we’re looking for three (3) candidates with backgrounds in roboticists, UX/UI designers, hardware and software engineers, computer scientists, mathematicians and related applied scientists to help us explore these solutions, develop breakthrough technologies, explore our current solutions stack, and build new products that could help solve key challenges we’ve identified for our current project iteration cycle (year 2018). A stipend will be provided to facilitate commute, lunch and telephony.
Autonomous Systems Research Limited [ASR] is a Kenyan start-up multidisciplinary research team specializing in engineering research and its use in tackling conservation, humanitarian and other challenges. Our vision and mission are to solve social problems using technology appropriately adopted within context to match the challenge.
This position will be available until the 15th of December 2017.
- Apply knowledge gained in courses to real-world problems.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems.
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Create and support a productive and innovative team.
- Work with a small team to design, develop and test robust technical systems capabilities.
- Assist with the overall design, development, fault analysis, test and integration of a customer-facing product.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Diploma, Higher Diploma or Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field such as Mechanical, Aerospace, Civil or related Engineering program.
- Completed projects (inside or outside of school) or classes focused on Data Structures and Algorithms, engineering, or computer science; Experience with algorithms, using data structures to solve problems, and interpreting algorithms and contributing ideas to their development.
- Experience with linear coding and use language features when necessary (e.g., data structures, branching, function-calls, and conditionals).
- Experience in electronics and aerospace engineering an added advantage.
Interested candidates should fill in the form below. Do NOT send any emails to us with resumes or attempt to send solicitations for positions in any other way. Such correspondences will be nullified. All positions solicited for will be awarded on merit.
At ASR, we encourage creativity and innovation, and are driven by passion. ASR is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Employees and interns MUST be East African Citizens or authorized international students or holders of valid work permits in Kenya. ASR reserves the right to accept or decline resumes without prejudice.
ASR does NOT accept work agency resumes. Do NOT forward resumes to us. ASR is NOT responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.