Join us for a unique work opportunity and professional development as we explore solutions to challenges in conservation, humanitarian and related challenges. As Executive assistant, you will provide assistance to the team through responsibilities outlined below. This position will be available until the 15th of December 2017.
Autonomous Systems Research Limited [ASR] is a Kenyan start-up multidisciplinary research team specializing in engineering research and its use in tackling conservation, humanitarian and other challenges. Our vision and mission are to solve social problems using technology appropriately adopted within context to match the challenge.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Supervise administrative staff and divide responsibilities to ensure performance
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Conducting market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs
- Actively seeking out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media
- Setting up meetings with potential clients and listen to their wishes and concerns
- Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media
- Set up meetings with potential clients and listen to their wishes and concerns
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products/ services
- Create frequent reviews and reports with sales and financial data
- Ensure the availability of stock for sales and demonstrations
- Participate on behalf of the company in exhibitions or conferences
- Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections
- Collaborate with team to achieve better results
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software
- Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage
- College certificate, diploma in office administration or relevant field
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques
- Fast learner
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Aptitude in delivering attractive presentations
Interested candidates should fill in the form below. Do NOT send any emails to us with resumes or attempt to send solicitations for positions in any other way. Such correspondences will be nullified. All positions solicited for will be awarded on merit.
At ASR, we encourage creativity and innovation, and are driven by passion. ASR is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Employees and interns MUST be East African Citizens or authorized international students or holders of valid work permits in Kenya. ASR reserves the right to accept or decline resumes without prejudice.
ASR does NOT accept work agency resumes. Do NOT forward resumes to us. ASR is NOT responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.